On the note of working things out
To know when to shut up and think, even after mistakes.
To know that looking inwards, being observant to one’s moods, whim and fancies, tendencies may be the best thing one could do.
What’s the use of practicality when one lets imagination take a back seat.
Time will tell, there’s no rush. its never make or break, its make or repair later.
Make things work
whatever you have, make it work.
If you have something of cheap quality, make it better, make it work if not use it till it breaks down.
If you have something that doesn’t fit, adjust, modify, make it work.
If you have something you want, check to see whatever you have, do you have it already?
stop throwing things away and covet new stuff, whatever you have, make it work.
- I want to buy sleeping bags and give it to the homeless
- actually why not load up my entire (future) car with useful stuff and give it out to the poor
- actually do I even need a whole lot of my money to do that?
What does it take to survive?
For one day in a spacecraft
- 1 kg of oxygen
- 0.5kg of dry food and 1kg of whole food
- 4kg of drinking water
- 26kg of wash water
interesting, so you don’t actually need the internet?
As I approach…
10 unconventional things to be thankful for
- Bike paths that go around the city, helping bikers and motorist be safe. The smell of algae by the drainriver that creeps up in the most unexpected times to prevent losing ‘track’ of reality while thinking of whimsical tumblr posts.
- High school that open up their tennis courts for the public.
- The ability for anything to age,to be used, to be you.
- The kind of firstworldproblems dilemmas which reminds me of how blessed I already am ( to buy or not to buy ( goruck ) )
- For times that we forget and for times that we remember.
- For the uncanny images/songs that pop into my head, that gets stuck.
- People’s surprising wit.
- Room for improvement.
- The absence of a tormenting itch.
- Unconditional love.
10 Most Over-Rated Things in the World
#10 Corporate Protocol - minimal value if done, maximal damage if left undone
#9 Bared Flesh as a Sex Appeal Source - it’s not what you expose, it’s what you have; as with much else, less can be more.
#8 Tourist Attractions - holiday brochures are written by biz-people, remember that…
Boobs are still boobs. Even if it is Tatt Seng’s
Starting the day right. I’ve just got to start the day right.
Right on time. Rise and shine.
Pull up the blinds, Open the window and a chilled shower.
Take in the air and feel the heat,
the heat that comes from the workout you resist,
in the morning. In the morning, I’ve got to start the day right.
"So far so good" it has been for me.
I question, why we want things to go smoothly? When trials are suppose to refine us, to mold us. Maybe what I am saying is, I need a kick in the butt. I need my ass to be lit on fire to burn away indifference.
Short and cute cynicism post
Cynicism, defined as
An attitude of scornful or jaded negativity, especially a general distrust of the integrity or professed motives of others.
Why become a cynic
- Less likely to get “hurt” / “cheated”
- Seem “cooler”
- Benefit of doubt given to people who may be honest
- Doesn’t mean you aren’t aware of the situation, you just choose to be not cynical
- Likely to be more proactive
Observations from watching Korean Variety Shows
They value their courtesy and respect to older people.
They’re humour revolves around making funny faces, making awkward couples forcing them to be spontaneous, recycling running gags (causing embarrassing reactions), saying lines that fit your “character”.
You need an imitation or a funny talent to survive.
Extremely light hearted.
Celebrities are treated as normal non-perfect human beings.
but of course theres a pressure for them to be funny on camera, but isn’t that to be expected. ( aren’t we expected to be funny too,on or off camera? )
They are not afraid to share their feelings, it can be a real source of fun and a great icebreaker.
They are brainwashing us to have an ideal type, one which fit the bill of the one of the celebrities. So that you’ll follow them ever more closely.
It’s a brilliant plan.
I probably wouldn’t be watching it if I was less bored and if it wasn’t free on the internet.